[Volunteers] [pc] UKNOF: Joint Meeting Committee and Programme Committee Call

Keith Mitchell keith at uknof.org.uk
Wed May 11 15:58:15 BST 2016

On 05/10/2016 04:46 AM, Paul Thornton wrote:

>> The suggestion to have the lectern screen showing next slides
>> sounds good, if we can do that.
>
> That was mine - I don't do many presentations, but when I do, I'm
> totally hooked now on Powerpoint's presenter view to give one feed
> for the lectern (showing current slide, next slide, notes, timer,
> etc) and one feed for the projector.

I agree this is useful, and it would potentially help with timekeeping.

> I guess that Keynote does something similar but I don't use it much.

LibreOffice can also do this, and you can get phone apps that show this
info & also double as presenter remotes.

> I don't think this is hard for us to do, technically - just two video
> feeds out of the presentation laptop.

The problem with this in practice is that various presenters insist on
using their native PPT/KEY/ODP format from the presenter laptop
(conversions to PDF are never 100%). Which means we have likely to solve
this requirement for all of Powerpoint, Keynote, LibreOffice and Adobe.
Which is doable, but is going to require quite a bit of extra fiddling
from the person driving the laptop..

Keith